Monday, May 31, 2010

What a Weekend!

I love 4 day weekends! It seems as if there aren't enough in the world.

Below are some awesome pictures of this weekends high lights. Derrek, my "friend" invited me out to his work event. Luckily he works out at the Larry H. Miller race track so the event was way fun. It was fun to see him in his element, and his cute little work shirt. Then I realized I see him in work shirts all the time, in fact all the pictures I have with him are in the same shirt... HUmmm, I smell a shopping spree.

The event is some world wide motor cycle race, I fear the details have escaped my mind, however still fun. We saw a concert of the bands Kansas, Stix, and Foreigner. Apparently cool bands, I didn't know much of the material. i just enjoyed being with Derrek and frankly, I like Holding his hand.

Next we went to Logan for Mal's mom and Dad's talk on sunday. They were so awesome!!! After we played games and Ate yummy food. Then I headed back to Salt Lake to enjoy dinner with my Buddy. After dinner we watched this national geographic special about the body. Nerds, yes you can call us nerds. HOWever, at least I'm no longer a nerd alone. I've got a nerd friend.

Then, for Memorial Weekend I decided I needed a purple surfer girl room. So we spent the better half of the day painting, and I have every intention of making dinner and watching the bachlor then hitting bed!!! I'm exhausted.

Lets hurry and say my 5 grateful things before I pass out sleepy.

#1 I'm so grateful for mine and Derrek's flight confirmations that came via email today! Our trip is 2 days away. I have a feeling it's going to be a long 2 days :( But :) for after the 2 days!

#2 Microwaves. Our's went out and holy annoying. I can't tell you how many times I walked over to the microwave to heat something, start it and then see it wasn't working and put it in for longer only to realize it wasn't working. Malorie thought it was pretty funny, she's the one that usually busted me.

#3 Dryers. Not only did the microwave go out, but also the dryer. After hauling my stuff literally all over northern utah (logan, Slc, Saratoga springs, Ogden) I realize I'm so grateful I have one in my home.

#4 My sam's club reusable bags. I love them. They are big, and awesome.

#5 OK so this is kinda a funny thing to be grateful for, I'm grateful for being able to spit. Derrek and I had our date night at his work and I turned my head to spit. Well just then the wind picked up and a nasty spit wad instead of going to the ground went into my beautiful strawberry blonde hair. Derrek laughed, and then looked at me like I was growing something out of my forhead. Don't worry, he won't let me live it down.

All in all, I'm just a lucky and grateful girl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The spit thing ... Holy hilarious!!!!! You are NEVER going to live that one down! Just wait 'til I tell my kids!

Have fun in Cali!