Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Deep Breath!!!

Holy Toledo! I am so glad this week is almost over! SO glad!!! I had my first set of truly “grown” up interviews where presentations were required… (Well, one was suppose to be a report but the requesting supervisor did not state that in the request email so she got an out line for a presentation).

I was so stressed about it, but would never admit the stress. I was like on edge, and there were only a few things that would settle my tummy… (Lets be honest, only a few “people” ;) I am ever so grateful for my dear Mal who, at this point knows what I need more than I do. When I get stressed and freaked out, with out saying anything she turns into go mode.

She cooked with me. On Sunday I came up with this idea of cooking for hours for the week to come. I’ll be honest; it was really a remedy to my anxiety, who doesn’t find comfort in the yummy-est food ever? (I tend to think highly of my cooking) After cooking and getting all that done, magically my presentations were still waiting for me to write and organize them. Magically. What a PAIN. What’s worse than having to present in front of a panel of 4 Supervisors and an Area Manager? I’m pretty sure nothing, however after thinking about it, I’d rather present then have to recover from surgery.

The interview on the first day I walked out feeling neither way. I wasn’t feeling like it was good, but I don’t feel like I’m out of the running. I thought 15 people were interviewing, turns out only 5. That means my chances are much greater. OMG I might actually have a shot at this.

The second day interview could be called somewhat of a train wreck. HOWever, I looked HOT in my little suit. I have great great hair and I actually like my legs these days. Then there’s my eyes… they are HOT. I was checking out my mom, and she has very pretty blue eyes, I probably got them from her. Back to the interview- just glad they are over. I should know in 2 days what the result is. Could be nothing and those interviews were a “great” experience.

Aside from that, I am so looking forward to this long weekend. My new ward is full of great people, and I’m really excited about it. Turns out there is another click of “cool” people who want to join forces with our click. They live like a couple blocks away and should be fun to call at a moments notice to play tennis or something (now that my click is all paired off, and my “friend” Derrek lives in SLC I’m wide open for things to do after work) Maybe I should volunteer somewhere.

Lets move on to the Good stuff, my Grateful list.

#1 This morning’s e-mail from the state. The lady who sent it is named Nichole- Malorie. Random name, but those happen to be the names of our 2 click members- the other females anyway, and seeing their names made me smile.

#2 My Ball. This week a guy- who’s name I will no longer recognize as a name, broke my egg/ science project. I’ve been working on this thing since January and after me asking him not to do it many many times, he broke it. No apology from him, because “it’s just an egg, and I need to get over it” Of course, Lame guy. I was so so so upset (still am). Like profanities upset. Last night, Nichole invited us over to dinner, her and Jack made Peruvian… they had a surprise. It was a bouncy ball that has green glitter in it. How very very sweet of them. At the time it made me sad cause I realized I didn’t have this project that I have tried to complete so many dang times, but yet again some one couldn’t keep his hand off… when I saw the ball this morning I realized it represented genuine friends who care about my feelings so so much. I though to my self, “Ah they love me” and had a warm heart for a minute.

#3 Liquid eye liner. I never wore it before Mal came along. I had tried some of my sister Ceri’s but I was always allergic. Well, I found a brand that works and my eyes are Beau-ti-fullllll because of them. Thank you Revlon for bringing out the true HOTtIE in me.

#4 So I’m a blog stalker. I’m grateful for it. I have a list of 5 blogs I follow regularly of people I have never met. The first blog is of a good friends X-husband’s new wife. Next would be Jack’s X girlfriend, then a lady that got in a plane crash, then Jack’s Sister in law who is so dang funny… and the last one is… some other funny chick, I don’t even know who she is. Random? Of course, but I love the entertainment. Don’t kid your self, blog stalking is part of my daily routine, and I’ll frequently text Jack and tell him to jump on line new pictures are posted on HIS Families site. If any of you know of blogs I should be reading, PLEASE SHARE.

#5 I’m grateful for the feeling I have right this second. Totally Chill, Music going on, Good stuff to look forward to this weekend (date night with my nephew), a job that I enjoy, a kissing friend I adore, and friends that have made my world go around.
Ahhhh it’s a good life. I feel so at peace I could be sitting at the beach and feel the same feeling.

Happy White Wednesday! (That means temple tonight), seriously does it get any better?

No comments: