Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Oh my boyfriend.










Yes that’s right, I’m officially dating someone. This may not be news to many of you, usually when you are seeing some one for as long as we have been commitment of some sort is sure to follow, however I’m Cheryl so it took him coming out and asking for it to be done. Guys, I’m off the market (for now anyway), and happily liken on someone. (A lot)

So his name is Derrek, his flava is Strawberry blondes that are so fun and cute. I absolutely adore him. Absolutely.

Lets talk California. Holy California. I am a mess, and finally the gig is up, Derrek got the full exposure to the mess. Our vacation started… In Utah. I was responsible for getting to Derrek’s house (basically down town SLC) and getting us to my parent’s condo just in time for the flight. Let me preface this with the fact that before this trip I was clearly the planner in this relationship. Derrek isn’t one for planning, he’s the type that would call day off and we’d go out, but progressively got better as we dated more.

So I get to Derrek’s and I’m totally late. About 45 min. Usually not a big deal but we are working with airlines so maybe at this point we should hurry and get to the airport. I had already checked us in, so we just had to go through security. It was flawless and off we went to catch our flight.

Our seats were not scheduled together, I had talked to the airline about getting us together, and they couldn’t do it. I’d be darned if I didn’t sit by my Hottie on the long hour flight to Phx. I couldn’t keep my little hands off him. So I ended up talking to the lady next to me and wow, we were sitting next to each other. The lady was on the same row and us, and was a complete DOLL. She had dropped her only son off at the MTc the day prior. Derrek served in Japan and I having served in Nashville, we both had some words to say to her about missions. Derrek teased that is a chatty Kathy, but who can blame me, I was going on my first flight with this guy I totally liked, and was super excited to go home to California.

So after the flight, we got into Phx. Can I just say I do not have good memories at Phx. I actually dread flying to and from that airport. Memories attached to it that I wish not to revisit. Well, most of you should laugh at this next part coming. We get to Phx, and I’m feeling pretty good. I harassed Derrek about not knowing our flight plans and continually quizzed him on our flight information based on what I believed to be true. There we sat at flight gate B4 to start our wait for our plane. The lay over was suppose to be about 2.5 hours, which is long and annoying, but whatever. Derrek got a pizza, we shared it, and then we played Mash, Bash and made fun of each other… While sitting there Derrek continually checked in on the flight by saying “your sure it’s B4” “when does our flight leave” etc. I assured I was in control and for him to sit back and enjoy his vacation.

WELL, our flight was to leave at 8.00. at 8.02 Derrek sits up and looks at me. He says, “What time is our flight again?” I say “8.00, (like totally irritated he’s even asking)” then he looks at me while gathering his stuff and says “Cheryl it’s 8.02”

After a long string of profanities I pull out the tickets, sure enough it’s gate B7 which we weren’t very far from at all.

I freaked. Derrek is so calm and level headed. I was like frantic yelling at any airline person around. When we got to the gate we see them pulling the walkway back from the plane, and I’m like yelling… “Stop the plane” I remember some time in my freak out I looked back and Derrek is like feet behind me like totally removed from the situation. At the time I didn’t realize what he was doing, now I know he was probably shocked I turned into that beast, or like shocked I truly thought they would hold the flight for me. Later that night Derrek said something that made me really laugh… “you think your Oprah or something? Who do you think you are that they’d stop the plane for you” I guess at that freak out time I clearly wasn’t thinking, but if I had been thinking I would have thought that on occasion you can catch a break and not look like such an idiot in front of this totally hottie your enamored with. Karma or the universe could not be that bad to me to get me to look this dumb in front of him.

If I would have thought that I would have been wrong. Karma does actually really suck, and idiot is a minor word for how I looked. We went to customer serve after I finally realized they weren’t stopping the flight and by this point I’m laughing so so hard. Like hysterically. Derrek, Was not laughing, I think he may have been a little confused at what the heck was going on.

So the very very nice lady helped us and after telling us there weren’t flights available to Bakersfield for 2 days, we finally settled on a flight to Burbank for the next morning at 6:30. pretty early huh? NOT IF YOU’RE SLEEPING AT THE AIRPORT. Which we did. Don’t worry we scouted out the perfect place to sleep in the gate, no one else was there besides us so we felt fortunate to get the pick of the draw. After walking around the whole gate and finally deciding on a spot, we made camp… Literally. Derrek didn’t have time to dry his clothes he packed so he pulled those out and we had our selves a drying area. Then it’s time to “sleep.” That’s a joke. It started out fine, but then I was freezing. Like so cold. Then Derrek got cold. We resorted to putting an article of clothing on each limb to make us warm. Derrek looked so so funny. I was still laughing really hard, I couldn’t believe we missed our flight let alone that we were sleeping there, then that this guy had my black silky Pj’s on. Oh my life.

Janitors are vacuuming around us. Yeah like seriously. WE were the only people in the whole gate besides the Janitors and I swear they took forever vacuuming around us. Derrek said he thins they went slower in our area… they thought he was cute. Horrible night of no sleep. I finally took 2 Tylenol pm’s, and even then no sleep. I did enjoy cuddling we my handsome all night; that was a sure benefit, however would not recommend it.

We woke up and took camp down when people starting coming into their flights at about 5. Derrek and I took turns brushing teeth and getting dressed. I went to get dressed and checked the flight monitor. I started to freak out, we needed to be in B21 for our next flight to Burbank. So I change and then tell Derrek that we had to go catch our flight. Derrek kind of laughs and says “are you sure” I assured him I was positive. He looks and me and says “Cheryl B 21 is to Boston” YES, I almost lead us astray again. Luckily this time he checked up on me and we got to the right gate.

As we sat at the gate we were feeling warm. Derrek starts to look around and realizes that we had totally slept under the air conditioning vent. No wonder we were freezing.

So we get into Burbank and take the bus down to Bakersfield. Needless to say, it was great to get there, and we truly enjoyed the Garcia, Gomez and Butlers. Seriously, I wish we were still there. The weather was warm, but the pool was perfect. The retirement party turned out perfect. I loved having Derrek there with me. I think I fell more and more for him there. There’s something about some one you adore loving people you love, and the world being right again.

We had more experiences that were note worthy on the trip, however I want to add that to another post this one has gotten quite long.

Let me just finish with a few points being made: #1 Derrek does very well in situations that are just lame, like missing a flight. #2 Derrek was so incredibly cute with the babies in CA. SO cute. #3 I like Derrek. #4 I feel so blessed to have the family and close close friends I do. I pinch my self often in gratitude. Life truly is blessed.

PSSSS… My sister had her twins. They are SO cute! So sweet, and so perfect. I can’t wait to get my little paws on them. Oh babies…

No comments: