Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Experiences

The weekend was a party, as it usually is. How is it that days during the week seem like a full 24 hours instead of the 10 hours I'm actually at work? But on the weekend the 12 hours of day is equal to like 4 hours during the work week. How is that fair? I think in place of day light savings time we need weekend elongated time.

Can I just say a few things? I love having my parents close. They hook me up royally, and all these years apart from them I have forgotten that old people are like awesome, and at that, old people that will do anything for you are even cooler. I ended up enjoying an awesome concert (?) not sure if that's what you'd call it- but it was at the conference center with the mo tab and everything. IT WAS AWESOME. I was at first thinking it would be a snooze fest, but turned out to be wrong- usually am.



I enjoyed IN PERSON, my favorite mo tab song!!!! Morning Breaks. Oh the beauty. I use to dance around my apt on my mission in full garment glory to that song, P days really are a God sent. There was also some pretty motivating videos and other fun things shared but the "religious organization" to which I belong. I think the high light of the occasion was the speech from the ever amazing David G. McCullough. He shared he's thoughts on the public educational system, to which I agree with strongly.

Those of you who know my family, know and have heard me talk about my sister's who home school. They are following the Thomas Jefferson model of teaching and to their credit, (i don't let them know this very often but I agree with allot of what they believe), David G. McCullough had quite a bit to say and it was music to a home schoolers ears. Public Education is an interesting theory and if we look at the root of the system I think you'll find some interesting factors. Let us not argue about why public school is good or any thing else... Lets remember this is MY blog and I get to speak freely here. (you have a blog post it there if you want to say something about the educational system) However, I have noticed a Huge difference in some one who has a classic education vs those who have not yet educated them selves to that degree.

I admire people who study history, I truly believe we have so much to learn from the past, and so much gratitude to give to those who have gone before us. More than anything, I think that we respect and honor the people who sacrificed everything they had in order for us enjoy freedoms, by doing just that... Honoring the principles they have found to be eternal truths.

Now let me step off my high horse and come back to earth. Friday night was full of fun and entertainment as I had a girls night- Indian food is never ever a bad thing.

Saturday morning Holly and I woke up to drive to Logan only to find out the store we were going for didn't open till 12. WHAT THE. So we went to Smith and Edwards... which is an Army surplus store. Leave it to me and Holly to find the girly'est stuff in the whole freaking school and still managed to make it a shopping trip. True definition of being a girl. LOVE It. (Thanks Holly for Breakfast!)

Saturday night I enjoyed a night of Motor Cross. So fun! freezing, However a small price to pay to enjoy the smell and sound of motor cycles.
Ok So I'm not that into Motor cycles how ever the company was pleasant, and I really did have fun.

Malorie has found her self a boyfriend/ eternal companion- what ever you want to call it. Well this is her off to meet his parents. He is a doll and we heart him. I found that shirt at Ross and the second I saw it I was absolutely positive she could not live with out it. Looked Fab as usual.

Monday is Missionary day, I usually get the emails from my Mission Boys. This week Jo shy Pooh's was especially entertaining. Man that kid is cool. I really really miss him. At any mention of a missionary you can find this proud auntie welling up. How's that for cheese ball? I'm seriously so dang proud. Te ammo BUD.

No comments: