Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Rainbow after the storm

So if any one knows anything about plumbing this picture should ring a bell of warning... Pipes should be connected to Valves... and if they aren't you get a Geyser.

So what is this you ask?

This is my bathroom sink!
***Which means... I have a flood.
Here's a view of the whole problem so you get a better idea... (isn't my sink SO cute!)


These would be the wholes in the wall that the clean up crew drilled in order to suck the water out of the wall... and that is all over the apt... my poor landlord... I was the first tenant after they revamp the apartment.

This is an example of how my possessions are kept in my lovely living room.









Other than the water...

Work is nuts... they have me training in Spanish... which is crazy... think of all the law and policy and then think of how many words you don't know in English and then change the language. And the put a time limit on the cases and like 4 advanced computer programs where you literally need a code or pass word for every screen. ITS CRAZY. The people around here keep saying it gets better... Shoulder to the wheel...

also...
My ward is still amazing! I was so nervous, and dreading getting in another singles ward but it seriously is the best ever. My bishop went to Vietnam and always has some pretty colorful analogies on hand. I feel like it's a California ward, people are so friendly- the church is true again!!!

MORE INFO ON THE FLOOD- THE MIRACLE

****Yesterday my Apt flooded! Like I don't have enough going on already! I walked in from working out after work and heard something... then I walked to the bathroom to literally find a geyser of water shooting out under the sink! I got hold of Jerry and learned how to turn off the water... I had a good 2 inch of water and it had seeped into the bedroom hall wall storage... basically everywhere...

so right as I am in the middle of the madness I see two girls out side my door and they inform me they are from the wards welcome committee. They wanted to get to know me (which i think is awesome) so I told them we'd have to reschedule (as I standing there completely soaking wet) So obviously they noticed something was up and got right on it... Before I knew it there were 10 people form my ward over and all my stuff was moved out of the apt and when my landlord got there we were ready for drying out. How awesome is that?

Some times I feel so alone in this world, especially in a new town, new job, new ward. It's easy to forget just how much Heavenly Father is involved in our everyday lives... I just keep saying to my self rain before the rainbow.

It's going to be 5 day before I can get back in the apt. They had to drill wholes in the walls and drain the walls of the water and dry out the whole structure which is the big hold up.

I'm staying with my house mate who lives up stairs from me. She's getting married in a couple weeks so she's all about asking temple questions and freaking out with stress too...


**In Spanish we say "Valle la paina" in English it translates to "value the pain" but the meaning is interpreted "endure to the end"... I think that translation is very telling... I'm grateful for the pain. I feel like my heavenly father knows exactly whats going on- life could be allot worse...

I'm grateful for the truth, it's times like these in my life when I can't imagine life with out it.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh hermana, good story! thanks for sharing your testimony! Heavenly Father does love you, that's for sure!

Holly said...

smile!!!!!!!

Anna B said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cbonitab said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

That stinks about the flood!! I am excited for you about your job. What a great way to force you to keep on top of the your Spanish. I remember working in the court after my mission and it was hard learing some of the terminalogy in Spanish at first, but then it got easier. You will do great!!