Monday, June 22, 2009

Crapy weekend, Grateful Thoughts

OK so... Updates...

This weekend was so bad! I just felt so sad and for no real particular reason. May family is at San Luis Obispo for our week long family reunion, and I'm in Utah. I don't fly out till Wednesday night, so i was left to wallow in my own pity all alone this weekend. (my rommies went out of town too).

HOWEVER I did contact Utah State about Grad programs and found 2 that interest me. I can start one of them in the Fall and the other in Spring!!! And both of them make me excited to study.

I also organized my closet (color coded), and organized all of my work clothes. I got new blinds put up and cleaned like crazy. (well needed trust me)

I also got to go to my old roommate Britney's bridal shower (love brit, and Love her hubby (soon to be) Kevo) it was good fun... pampered Chef does a shower which was a good time, and awesome easy idea for gifts.

After the Bridal Shower I got to go see Erika and Mikaela again. This time we hung out in the hospital and did her hair and joked with her. Can I just say she is the Cutest little girl. She's learning sign language again and they use pictures so she can point to what she wants. I love hanging out with Erika there, Mikaela is like a magnet for happiness. I was surprised that with all that has gone on in her little brain that she recognized me. Makes me feel like I should be doing more to visit and be a part of her little life. Erika and I went shopping, we enjoyed the normal Victoria's Secret trip and things for her kid-o's.

When i hang out with Erika I feel a little bit of home. I think it's because she knows so much of me, and I don't have to change anything. I know she'll be my Friend forever (we've been through so much) and I can have confidence in that. At one point in my life I thought I didn't need Friends like that, I'm realizing now that friends are an essential part of life.

I also got to talk to a Friend from back in Junior high days. We were on the Cheer squad together and oh my, the memories!!! Andria Bye! The good time kept coming. We are hoping to get together with our other Junior high click (Amanda Gomez, and Nicole Craig). I haven't talked to Amanda forever (like 8 yrs) but Nik and I hung out not too long ago. It's so great to be reminded of who you really are! As adults (term used very loosely) I have noticed we get so caught up in things that don't really matter... Take me back to Junior High when it was all about matching bathing suits, and cheer leading uniforms.

***Memory of the day*** Amanda Gomez and I were Best Best friends (since kindergarden). in 8th grade we both decided we needed a new swimming suit for the end of the year cheer leading swimming party. This was like the first time we ever went clothes shopping with out each other. After we went shopping we ran home to talk about our big "buys" and How so very awesome our new suits were. Usually we showed each other everything and shared everything, this time I think I went on family vacation then went straight to the party so we didn't get to show each other. As we got undressed for the pool to no surprise we had on the EXACT same swimming suit; color and all!!!*** Crazy. we just laughed. That's the kind of soul sisters Amanda is to me... Her mom was the first to ever make me BEANS, and now look, I'm like 88% Hispanic. I loved that after I got home from my Mission I went to her house and could finally talk to her mom in Spanish. I rubbed it in Amanda's face so badly!!!

A few more... one night i talked Amanda into sleeping at my house, (she was a home body and really a mama's girl) we snuk out to jump on the trampoline at my house at like 10 pm (we thought we were hard core). I still am laughing writing this, I bounced her on the tramp and she flew off landing on her arm on our basket ball court at my house. I could not stop laughing cause my dad had just mowed the lawn and she was covered in dry grass... She looked like a monster and she was crying. I laughed so hard that night I literally peed my pants. I talked her into not calling her mom (we use to get grounded from hanging out) and she was fine, but it was so funny. Also... The first time I took her 4 wheeling in my "jeep" we went in the fields by her house and I LOVED it... it was so fun!!! I took her up on this tiny hill... and she was so scared she PEED her pants... She made me swear i wouldn't tell anyone, and to this day I haven't said a word... If she reads my blog I'm in big trouble.

She also talked me into going to Prom with her and her date (she couldn't go unles I went, her parents trusted me to keep her "chase" (DIDN'T WORK LYDIA: thank heavens for hail Mary's)). It's true! I have a picture of her and her date then ME standing on the side all dressed up. Her mom made fun of me for so long, they said it looked like I jumped in the picture. but no, it was planned that way...

Long story short, I am so lucky to be in touch with my friends from the past. The first words are always "you were always so crazy" and I laugh... I take it as a compliment although I have no idea if that's what it's meant to be... I realize that who I am is so much a part of who they helped me become. I'm grateful i had such good freinds that kept me on the straight and narrow. In high school I took a ceramic class and I made a tile thing for Amanda, I think it works for all my BFF's... the saying goes "If friends were like flowers I'd pick a garden full of you!" and it is true. I wouldn't trade my quirky friends for anything! I love all my Sisters!

No comments: