Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Yet again...

So another week... working for the Government of Utah. The longer I work here the more I realize nothing shocks me...

I have been drinking Green smoothies every morning- about a quart of them. I've noticed a huge difference in my level of stress management, and health. I have so much more energy. If none of you know what green smoothies are- they are basically a combination of fruits (my fav is 2 bananas, 2 cups fresh pineapple, 2 apples and half a bag of spinach.- but you can use what ever you want) I was so proud I haven't had a soda in so long, yesterday I actually got sick off a Dr. Pepper. AWESOME!!!

So last week was our last week of all day everyday training. Now I'm still in training (and will be for the next 10 months) but at least I'm in my office and at my desk listening to music :). It's always stressful to learn as much as I feel like we need to, BUT it feels much better to have an office.

I had my niece (blythe) and my nephews (tucker, and Micah) for this past weekend. I am so grateful for there little spirits. We went to Bridal Veil falls and then to pizza and a movie (kong fu panda) and then we rented hours of vegi-tales (Lord of the Beans!!) We were up till all hours and had a blast... I seriously love those kids. It's hard to give them back... especially knowing I'm not going to have time for at least a month to see them again. BUG.

BIG NEWS** I have developed a Crush. Ok so I know thats not big, but the best part is that he's not the cutest guy but he is so nice and thinks the world of me for reasons that I think are awesome. He notices stuff like me sitting by lonely people at church, being early- I actually was so up front with him... I told him I was not interested if he was not interested in getting married, and I am not going to be playing games. Disclaimer: even if it doesn't work- at least I have a little faith restored and I know there are still guys out there... and that I have a chance at getting married and being happy... forever... with someone worthy... some thing I had given up on after the nasty B word.

I'm just happy.. moving right along... I got another calling. I am Employment and Education Co Chair for the ward. My ward does something so cool. Tues, wed and Thurs the family wards can bring there kids to the church and the singles tutor them. I have just inherited that program. My Chair is the Study Body Pres at UVU... so I'm a little nervous about that... he's very... whats the word... "popular" We'll see how it goes: I'm sure it will be perfect.

I just feel very protected and loved. I feel like I can breath and smile. It's a good life.

6 comments:

Adam and Cristina Smith said...

sick on dr. pepper? that has got to be sac-religious!! j/k I hope that never happens to me. long live dr.pepper!!!

Kristen's Raw said...

Love those green smoothies!

Laura said...

Hmmm...I drink smooties all the time but I haven't put spinach in them. I have a whole bag though, and you have inspired me!:) You sound like you're doing great! xoxo

Unknown said...

I'll have to try the spinach thing in the smoothie. And your disclaimer rocks. I want to hear more about your crush!

Holly said...

honestly, spinach? sounds gross! so good to hear you being so wonderful. hopefully your crush doesn't read your blog about the not good looking part. :) i'm back in town awaiting your call! :)

becky said...

You are cute and I'm glad I discovered you blog! Gotta love the Harman Family blog! :)

Hope you are FANTASTICO!